We offer Wet Reckless, 3-month first offender, 6-month first offender, 9-month first offender, 18-month multiple offender and (in Stanislaus County only) 30-month multiple offender programs. Click below for a Sample Chart that summarizes participation requirements for a DUI Program.
To fulfill the court and/or DMV order, you must complete all of the requirements for your program as depicted in the table below. The 12-Hour Program is for court purposes only and does not satisfy any DMV requirements for a DUI Program.
|Education Classes||Group Sessions||Face to Face Sessions||Re-Entry||Self-Help Meetings|
|12 Hour Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||None||None||None||None|
|3 Month Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||12 groups (1.5 hours each)||3 sessions (15-20 minutes)||None||1 per month|
|6 Month Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||20 groups (1.5 hours each)||14 sessions (15-20 minutes) every other calendar week||None||1 per week|
|9 Month Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||26 groups (1.5 hours each)||20 sessions (15-20 minutes) every other calendar week||None||1 per week|
|12 Month Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||35 groups (1.5 hours each)||26 sessions (15-20 minutes) every other calendar week||None||1 per week|
|18 Month Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||35 groups (1.5 hours each)||26 sessions (15-20 minutes) every other calendar week||6 hours & 1 individual exit meeting||1 per week|
|30 Month Program||6 classes (2 hours each)||52 groups (1.5 hours each)||39 sessions (15-20 minutes) every other calendar week||12 monthly recovery groups + monthly TX plan reviews + exit interview||2 per month|
*It is your responsibility to provide OHS with the appropriate paperwork for the required program.
Our primary goal is to help you stop drinking and driving so you can live a happier, healthier and safer life. We also help you satisfy your court order or DMV requirements and earn back your driver's license.
If you choose OHS yourself, you can enroll following your arrest under Admin Per Se by calling our Enrollment Specialists at (855) DUI-8055 (1-855-384-8055), or request a referral to OHS. Click the county above to request information.
You will need to provide either a current court referral, an Admin Per Se letter from the arresting agency, or a current DMV H-6 print out (life history) to enroll.
What to Expect
- Orientation. The orientation counselor will tell you everything you need to know about the program and help you select a schedule.
- Individual assessment. OHS counselors will use clinically based assessment tools to help you evaluate your alcohol/drug use. Once you understand where you are now, you can start making decisions about how you need to change and what it's going to take to get there.
- Education sessions. Our classes teach you about the legal, medical and social issues that come into play when people use alcohol and drugs. You'll be assessed before you start the classes and after you finish, so your progress and understanding of the issues can be evaluated. Classes are taught by experienced experienced, California State-certified instructors and include lectures, discussions and films.
- Individual counseling. You'll have face-to-face interviews with your counselor so he or she can assess any issues you may have that could prevent you from completing the program. Program attendance might require you to go to self-help meetings such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Secular Organization of Sobriety or Rational Recovery to ensure you get all the help you need.
- Counseling/group sessions. You'll participate in counseling groups that encourage you to share ideas and information. This will help you identify and resolve any alcohol/drug-related problems. Group sessions give you the support you need at this stressful time, providing opportunities to examine your behavior and personal attitudes and identify/resolve alcohol and drug related problems.
Resources for Program Participants
- OHS Bulletin (PDF)
- California Administrative (Admin) Per Se Facts (PDF)
- DUI Program Rules & Regulations
- Enhanced Communications – OHS Voluntary Permission Form - English (PDF)
- Enhanced Communications – OHS Formulario de Permiso Voluntario - Español (PDF)
- OHS Participant Address and Phone Record (PDF)
- Letter for Reinstatement Program (PDF)
- DUI Program Reinstatement Facts (Re-Enrolling)